7th International Conference on Mine Closure
The 7th International Conference on Mine Closures will provide industry professionals committed to responsible and sustainable mining with a unique opportunity to interact with their counterparts from different countries, and share ideas and experiences on innovations related to mine closure design, planning and operation.
Some of the conference themes will include:
- Mine closure disparities – failures and lessons learned
- Regulatory issues in mine closure planning and transfer of care and custody
- Monitoring after mine closure
- Landform design for sustainable closure
- Decommissioning of tailings dams
- Community engagement in mine closure
- Vegetation establishment for closure (revegetation), and
- Corporate social responsibility
In conjunction to the technical conference, there will also be a trade show, relevant and topical workshops, and social activities.
When: 25 – 27 September 2012
Where: Sofitel Hotel Brisbane
To register or for more information please visit www.mineclosure2012.com